My Android Lust Goodies have arrived!
Finally received my (signed!) Android Lust’s “The Dividing” 10th Anniversary Vinyl Edition with some really cool stuff.
Thank you very much Shikhee, I love the postcard, too. ;)
DAW & System Crashes…
I have been dealing with DAW and computer crashes for a week now, making it impossible for me to work on music at all, even to listen to music and watch movies on my workstation: every player crashes after a certain time. Any file playing was impossible due to cracking and I’ve almost lost the project file of my song “Lost (Version 2)” by one of these crashes. Fortunately, the file was recovered and a two-year work was saved.
Yet, I still cannot work on Ableton Live without issues. After a few searches, I’ve discovered that these problems were apparently caused by the audio interface I’ve recently bought. The thing is that the drivers installed on the CD that comes in the box happen to be totally outdated, and the manufacturer’s online drivers database has been down for a moment so I couldn’t download any new driver. After some readings on forums, someone posted a link to a new driver.
I have just updated the driver and will test my system and gear via the interface and Ableton Live on long-term, hoping that it’s gonna solve all the problems going on here.
New toy in The Cyclops Eye! I’ve just bought a classic MicroKorg today on a French advertisement website. The guy who was selling it has a very cool home-studio with some amazing vintage instruments (MS10, old organ, magnetic tape reverb machine…).
The synth works perfectly but will be used in my next projects though; I won’t be using it in my current songs. I’m already diggin’ it!
EP Current Status
- 2 songs practically finished (final touches)
- 1 song half done: all I need is to write the lyrics again and record the vocals
- 1 song to rebuild from 2 songs recorded in the past. It will take a moment I’m afraid.
- I’d like to write and record another song to complete the EP. Nothing is done yet so it’s going to take a while, too.
- I’d also like to record a little introduction track probably without vocals.
- I’m just back from Southern France and will shortly start working on a collaborative song with a bunch of friends. I’ll be writing, composing and recording the song. I will have a friend on the vocals, another friend helping me with the hardware recordings and perhaps another one on guitars.
- I’m also changing my DAW and my soundcard: I’m gonna leave Ableton Live for Digital Performer and replace my internal soundcard for a Steinberg UR22 Audio/MIDI Interface.
- I’m not forgetting the work in progress though: I have 3 or 4 songs in progress (sequenced in Live!), including a cover. I will try to get them mastered and have them released on Soundcloud or Bandcamp. Preview soon!
Time to study DP!